Tuesday, July 20, 2010

she has indeed written a message on her Hermes Birkin bag

There has been an interesting discussion taking part on Purse Forum on a news clip. ABC popped into Hermes on Madison Avenue in NYC and spoke with the Hermes-god-placed-on-Earth himself, Claude Gandrille. I was shocked to see Claude on ABC speaking about Hermes, as the brand is so secretive and keeps mum about their happenings. Furthermore Claude is rather quiet himself, typically found diligently working in his back right corner of the shop. But they got an interview with Claude. Somehow a slew of video cameras came into Hermes as well, when a simple movement of your camera phone on any other day will send the security upon you in less than 10 secondsFind a new feature on the Hermes US web site, called Les Ailes d’Hermes, the wings of Hermes. The animated micro site allows you to discover and travel the world of Hermes. You learn about the origins of box calf, the complex coloring of their iconic scarves, you see a glove crafter work the smooth leather, there’s mini-games and much more. The part that transformed me back to being a 6 year old was I want it, I’ll have it feature. It allows you to pick between 8 different Kelly motifs, download it as a PDF, print it at home and assemble your own mini-Kelly. How fun. If it only wasn’t for me being entirely finger challenged when it comes to fine crafting. Paper is quite delicate, which I learned the hard way. On my first attempt I miserably failed to follow the primitive instructions, folding where I was supposed to cut and vice versa. Eventually, I got her done and the result is displayed above. Click the thumb to enlarge the image. Good job me? A new sense of accomplishment fills my life.
Check it out for yourself, it’s a fun little time waster and a great way to bridge the time that you spend waiting for your own, real life Hermes Kelly bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment